Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Todd Stone will lead the group though a hands-on learning session with Windows Workflow 4. We'll explore using /n software's Windows Workflow activities to speed up development of TCP/IP based tasks.
This will be a Hands-On meeting, so please bring your notebook if you can.
We'll have officer elections at our June Meeting. I encourage you to run for a position and get involved in the user group. All officer positions are up for nominations. As I stated at the last election, I (Todd Stone) will not be seeking re-election this year.
Todd Stone is the Research and Development Manager at HBS Systems in Dallas, TX. He's active in the local .NET community as President of the DFW Connected Systems User Group, leader of the Dallas .NET Micro User Group, member of the South Central District Developer Guidance Council, and as a speaker at local user groups and regional events.
- Meeting: Hands-On Windows Workflow 4
- Date: Wednesday, May 09, 2012
- Time: 6:00PM
- Where: Improving Enterprises, Dallas (One Hanover Park, 16633 Dallas Parkway, Suite 100, Addison, TX 75001)
- Maps: Bing, Google
- Cost: It's free thanks to our sponsors!
- RSVP: email@example.com or via the Eventbrite meeting announcement.
IMPROVING'S OFFICES HAVE MOVED AND SO HAS OUR MEETING LOCATION!!!
The Improving's meeting rooms are located on the first floor North-West side. Please park in any unmarked spots behind the building that surround the garage. Entrance doors to the building lock at 6:00 PM and a security guard will let you in. The main entry doors from the atrium to Improving's meeting rooms will also get locked around 6:30 PM, so try not to be late.
We will have FREE food, drinks and a meeting room, courtesy of Improving Enterprises, and let's not forget the drawing for door prizes for those who attend! The food will arrive by about 6PM which offers plenty of time to socialize before the event start time at 6:30PM.
Be sure to thank our sponsor, Improving Enterprises, a premier, Dallas-based training and consulting firm and please keep them in mind for your company’s training and consulting needs.
We have several sponsors that have generously donated product and/or services to our user group community.
- Microsoft has donated promotional items that will vary from meeting to meeting.
- Pluralsight On-Demand! .NET Training - Pluralsight is a premier Microsoft .NET training provider. Pluralsight delivers classroom and On-Demand! training around the world. The reputation of the Pluralsight technical team, the in-depth course content, along with the variety of training delivery methods, guarantees you access to the highest quality learning experience that makes the most sense for you and your business. Pluralsight is offering a 1 month free subscription to their Pluralsight On-Demand! training for unemployed user group members. We will also raffle two certificates for one month free (Value: $29 each). All other members can receive a free trial into the Pluralsight On-Demand! library by requesting it directly from here.
- Telerik Ultimate Collection for .NET - RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, RadControls for WinForms, RadControls for WPF, RadControls for Silverlight, Telerik Reporting and more. Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, automated testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management across all major Microsoft development platforms. Telerik’s award-winning software development products enable enterprises and organizations of every size to generate tangible productivity gains, reduce time-to-market, and stay on time and under budget. With tens of thousands of users in more than 90 countries around the world, Telerik’s customers include numerous Fortune 2000 companies, academic institutions, governments, and non-profit organizations. (Value: $1,999)
- CodeSmith Generator is a software development tool to help you produce higher-quality, more consistent code in less time. Technically speaking it is a template driven source code generator that automates the creation of common application source code for any language. The Generator enables software developers to efficiently: reduce repetitive coding, generate your code in less time with fewer bugs, produce consistent code that adheres to your standards and create your own custom templates for any language. Learn more at www.codesmithtools.com. (Value: $299)
- Linxter - Your Cloud Messaging Platform. A .NET and Java software development cloud tool, the Linxter SDK allows software engineers to quickly and affordably connect distributed applications and integrate distributed systems. Picking up from where REST-only APIs leave off, Linxter takes care of dozens of coding complexities and provides sought after features.
Be sure to swing by this week for your chance to win!
The D/FW Connected Systems user group is a member of INETA. INETA provides structured, peer-based organizational, educational, and promotional support to the growing worldwide community of Microsoft® .NET user groups. Visit their website for more information and to sign up for their newsletter.